[Skip to content]

Aragon Housing Association
Search our Site

Rent changes

your house

Every year your rent change is calculated based on Government guidelines and these vary for each type of rental product.

This year the Government has set these as follows:

Social Rent = the current rent minus 1%

Affordable Rent = the current rent minus 1%

Supported Rent (including sheltered) = the current rent plus 0.90% (based on September 2015 Consumer Price Index (CPI) +1%)

Shared Ownership = in line with the lease plus 1.30% (based on September 2015 Retail Prices Index (RPI) + 0.5%)

There is more information about paying your rent, the rent free weeks and how to win £1000 here. 

Our rents are still lower than the private sector and lower than most other housing association rents in this area.
Here is a breakdown of rent comparisons for the year 2014/15 which is the latest results collected.


So how much rent will I need to pay?

You will receive a letter from us giving you your rent details for 2016/17.

I'm on Housing Benefit how much will my rent be?

If you are on Housing benefit, you will also receive a letter from your local authority stating how much housing benefit you will receive from April 2016. This letter may arrive after the letter from Aragon.

Once you have received both letters you will be able to work out if there is a difference in your rent and housing benefit. If there is a difference this will be your rent to to be paid from 1st April 2016.

I have a question about my Housing Benefit who do I contact?

If you have a question about Housing Benefit, you will need to speak with your local authority. If you are unsure of the contact details you can search for them on the direct.gov website

I have a question about my rent ?

If you have a question regarding your rent amount, or making a rent payment you can contact our Customer Service team. Please be aware they will not be able to answer Housing Benefit questions.

I pay by Direct Debit do I have to do anything?

If you pay by direct debit and your rent payment is changing you will receive a letter from us to inform you of the new direct debit amount. This letter is for information only and you do not need to make any changes to your payments, it will be done automatically.

I pay by Standing Order do I have to do anything?

If you pay by standing order and your rent amount is changing you will have to amend your payment.

If you do not amend your payment this could mean you are over paying your rent, or going into arrears if your rent has gone up.

I am having difficulty paying my rent what can I do?

Money Advice leaflet

Please contact our Customers Services Team who may be able to offer some help or advice and refer you to our free money advice service.

How can I see my rent statement, and make payments?

My Place Portal
You can register for our online My Place Portal system, which allows you to see your rent statement online, pay your rent online, view the status of repairs and request a repair.

Find out more about My Place Portal.

Find out more about other ways to pay your rent.

How helpful or informative is this page?