[Skip to content]

Aragon Housing Association
Search our Site

Social housing 

What is social housing? 

Properties owned and manged by councils, housing associations, housing trusts and charities. There is not much of it available and there is a very high demand.

From 1st April 2013 Aragon will issue 5 year Fixed Term tenancies to some new tenants. In the first year it is normally an introductory or starter tenancy, which offers a higher level of support to make sure the tenancy starts well. Once this period has been satisfactorily carried out the 5 year fixed term tenancy commences.

All our newly built properties will be let on 'affordable rents'. Usually these are more expensive than the normal social housing rents and are set at 80% of the market rent.

How does it work in Bedfordshire?

Aragon Housing Association works in partnership with the three councils in Bedfordshire (Bedford, Central Bedfordshire and Luton) and bpha, who advertise available properties through the Bedfordshire Homefinder choice based lettings scheme.

How do I apply for social housing in Bedfordshire?

Central Bedfordshire Council  deal with housing applications for the Central Bedfordshire area.

If you wish to apply for housing you will need to complete an application form and provide copies of all the documents listed on page 17, as proof. An application will not be processed until you have provided all the necessary information. The application form can be downloaded and posted to;


Central Bedfordshire Council if you wish to reside in the Central Bedfordshire area;
Central Bedfordshire Council, Priory House, Chicksands, SG17 5TQ
bpha if you wish to reside in the Bedford Borough area;
bpha, Pilgrims House, Horne Lane, Bedford MK40 1NY


Luton Borough Council if you wish to reside in the Luton area;

Luton Borough Council, Town Hall, Luton, Beds LU1 2BQ

Please be aware that registering an application does not guarantee re-housing.


For more information and housing advice please contact;
Central Bedfordshire Council
Luton Borough Council 

Aragon Housing Association has properties outside Bedfordshire, how do I apply for them?

We have a small number of social housing properties in Milton Keynes and Rushden. You need to talk to the local authority for those areas about applying for them.

How helpful or informative is this page?