Raising the standard of services for tenants
Although our Regulator no longer requires us to publish information about the number and category of complaints and compliments received, as we like to keep our customers informed as much as we can, we have decided to continue to publish this information on a twice yearly basis, until further notice.
Summary 1.10.16 to 31.3.17 – complaints and compliments received by category
|Condition of property at letting||2||0|
- complaint numbers have doubled when compared to the previous six months (38) but generally remain low across the Group
- complaints about our repairs service and contractors account for nearly 62%* of all complaints received across the Group
- a total of 55 complaints (72%) were upheld either partially or in full
- compensation payments were offered in 18 cases
- following a complaint about our shared ownership process, all unsuccessful applicants will now be informed of the decision and advised that they might still receive an offer of a property if other applicants withdraw from their purchase
- following a further complaint from a tenant that their kitchen refurbishment took longer than anticipated, we will now review the information we send out when major works are planned
- the majority of compliments received praised staff and/or our contractors for their help and efficiency in resolving their particular issues or for their excellent customer service, professionalism, helpfulness and understanding
- one tenant wanted to tell us how grateful she is for the help and encouragement she has received over a number of years from her support worker. She thinks he is the ‘best support worker ever’
- another tenant sent a lovely thank you card to the allocations officer who had helped her with her new tenancy. She was very grateful for her new home and for all the help she had received
- after our contractor had been out to attend to their boiler, the tenant telephoned to thank our customer service officer for arranging the job so quickly. The engineer was very helpful and showed our tenant how to deal with the problem, should it happen again.
*Please remember that the Group and its contractors completed approximately 39000 repair orders or jobs last year so as a percentage of all jobs completed, this equates to approximately 0.12%.