Floating Support Service
Independent Living Support is a flexible support service provided in Central Bedfordshire.
This service offers support to people who have:
- Little or no experience of living independently
- A history of homelessness
- Experienced tenancy breakdown
They will work with you to meet your specific needs, whether in your home or through their community drop in services.
They want to support people to remain independent and live confidently within their own home. Whether it is through:
- General support
- Signposting to other organisations
- Finding you work
- Or accessing the right benefits
They offer a range of support, advice and help with:
- maintaining your existing accommodation
- new changes in benefits and how they may affect the individual including the spare room subsidy (Bedroom Tax) if this has an affect
- any tenancy related problems
- reporting repairs to the landlord
- accessing specialist support or services such as education, leisure, social or culturally specific activities and employment/volunteering opportunities
- accessing general and specialised health and medical services
- budgeting skills and Debt Advice
- dealing with letters and correspondence
- personal safety and security
How do you access this service?
You can contact the Independent Living Support team on 0300 300 6745 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to request a referral form. Alternatively you may wish to attend one of the community drop ins (see timetable below).
If you do not live in Bedfordshire please contact your Housing Officer for information about the support service in your area and how to access it.
Gateway Support Timetable