Floating support service
Gateway Housing Support is a flexible support service provided in Central Bedfordshire.
This service offers support to people who have:
- little or no experience of living independently
- a history of homelessness
- experienced tenancy breakdown
Gateway Housing Support want to support people to remain independent and live confidently within their own home. Whether it is through:
- general support
- signposting to other organisations
- finding you work
- or accessing the right benefits
You can receive the support for up to two years. Gateway can work on a one-to-one basis and draw up an individual support plan with you. This plan will say what support they will provide, and how and when you can receive it.
What type of support can you get?
- explaining your rights and responsibilities as a tenant
- help with claiming welfare benefits and Housing Benefit
- help with budgeting and managing your bills
- advice on any aids and adaptations that you may need for your home
- help with reporting repairs to your home and managing your tenancy
- general support with day-to-day living
- help with contacting and making appointments with other agencies
- help with managing your health and accessing local medical and welfare services
- support to access training, education and employment opportunities.
Gateway regrets it cannot give you personal care directly, but it can help you arrange it with other more appropriate agencies.
How do you access this service?
You can contact our Customer Service Team on 0300 1235544 for the information about drop-in sessions in Central Bedfordshire. If you do not live in Bedfordshire please contact your housing officer for information about the support service in your area and how to access it.