On a rolling basis, we refurbish bathrooms to help keep them contemporary and in a state of good repair.
Maintaining our properties in good order is one of our long term objectives and is a key part of the Association’s 30 year major works improvement plan.
Our customer satisfaction levels are consistently high, which indicates that our residents are very pleased with their new bathroom installation, the service they receive and the workmanship.
What you can expect from bathroom refurbishment
Step one: Initial contact
- A member of our project team will visit your home to inspect your bathroom and discuss the work with you.
- You will be able to choose from a selection of colours, including wall tiles, wall paint and floor colours.
Step two: Before work starts
- The contractor will contact you with a proposed start date for the work. You should be given at least 10 days’ notice – though usually more.
- A site foreman will visit you a few days before work is due to start. This is to make sure that you are aware of what is involved and to ensure that there are no unforeseen obstacles that could delay the work.
Step three: Start of work
- Work should start at 8am on the agreed date, beginning with the removal of the existing wall tiles and floor covering. There will inevitably be some disruption. A member of our project team will carry out at least one inspection during the work.
Step four: During work
- Our contractor will install new sanitaryware, along with replacement tiling, extractor fan, decoration and a new vinyl floor covering.
Step five: Completion
- Once the work has been completed, the bathroom will be inspected by a member of our Projects Team. Any ‘snagging’ items identified will be rectified quickly.
Step six: Satisfaction survey
- After the work is completed, we will ask you to complete a satisfaction survey. This will help us monitor the service that we and the contractor have provided.
Q: How do I keep my bathroom looking good?
A: All our bathrooms are made with good quality durable materials and should last for many years with straightforward routine maintenance. Always read the instructions on cleaning fluids carefully to make sure they are suitable for the surface being cleaned, for example do not use strong bleach on acrylic baths.
Q: How long will work take?
A: The work will take 10 working days, but this may vary depending on the extent of work being carried out.
Q: Do I need to do anything to prepare for the work?
A: Yes, prior to the work commencing you should remove all your belongings from the bathroom. Please also give some thought to how we will gain access to the bathroom. It may be necessary to remove any breakables in areas that could be used as a thoroughfare, for example, the hallway or stairs.
Q: Will I be able to stay in my home whilst the work is carried out?
A: Yes, though there will be some inconvenience as the bathroom is a key room in any home. We will ensure that access to basic facilities is maintained during the work.
Q: Will I have operatives in my property every day?
A: No, there will be some days when it is not possible for work to be carried out. The site foreman will advise you which operatives will be working in your home and on what day.
Q: What if I cannot be present to provide access?
A: Please contact the site foreman or our Project Officer who can discuss and advise on alternative arrangements and solutions.
Q: What if I have an out of hours emergency during the work?
A: Simply call us on 0300 123 5544 and select the out of hours emergency option.